Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year from Team OPCarm








Happy New Year! January holds many festivities for us.



DS:
On the first day of the Year, the Catholic Church celebrates the Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God. I feel it is only appropriate that we start the New Year with Mary. She's a powerful intercessor for us to Her Divine Son, Jesus. We learn this from Holy Scripture, when Jesus is prompted by His mother to help the wedding party at Cana. Even when it was not Jesus' time to begin his ministry, at the request of His Mother, He performs His first miracle and changes water into wine.










Many people make the New Year a starting point to better their lives. But you cannot do this alone. We need all the help we can get to make ourselves better human beings. You can't do that without God's help. And who better to turn to to get God's attention, but His Loving Mom. :)




Also, the first week of January finds TeamOPCarm celebrating birthdays. Every time a birthday rolls around, I tend to look back at my life and wish I had done things better. Yet, I am very happy to be where I am today. It may not be at all what I had in mind, but God is very good to me, and His will be done. Happy Birthday to us!!!


VEE:

Wow our last post was at Christmas?!?!  As DS mentioned so much as happened since our last post, such as our birthdays.  Finally I have  a quiet Sunday afternoon to regroup and write.  Instead of writing though I find myself staring out the window at the spruce trees heavy with new fallen snow.  It is only on the weekends that I can enjoy daylight because the rest of the week the sun is barely starting to rise when I leave for work, and has long set when Im done my workday even though I dont work late.

For me though this quiet time alone is a treasure but it wasnt always.  I used to find being still and alone very difficult, I felt I always had to be doing something and have noise on such as the tv or music.  God changed me though and now I know Im never alone, He is always with me.  Rather than be complacent with that knowledge I take great consolation in finally, truly knowing that He is always at my side, in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment