Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Feast of St Teresa Benedicta



VEE:  Yay Edith Stein!!!!!  What stands out to me about her right now is how she had to wait TEN YEARS to enter Carmel.  TEN.  If my memory serves me correctly she didnt convert until she was around thirty years old, therefor entering Carmel around age forty.  Most popular Carmelite saints entered and died very young but Edith gives comfort to people in their thirties like me.  As pope Benedict said recently in his address for the world day of prayer for vocations "The Lord does not fail to call people at every stage of life to share in his mission and to serve the Church in the ordained ministry and in the consecrated life." source 

For more about her life I like this video (27 mins long) presented by Fr Charles Conner, who may be recognized from EWTN.  Sorry I cant get it to embed so here is the link. click

No comments:

Post a Comment