Thursday, April 5, 2012

Triduum

VEE:

It is Holy Thursday as I write and for me this is the most exciting, joyful time of the year.  I dont know why everyone at Church tries to make everything up until Easter Sunday so sad ITS NOT SAD ITS EXCITING!!  TONIGHT HE GIVES US HIS BODY AND BLOOD TO SUSTAIN US, HE GIVES US THE PRIESTHOOD AND ALL THAT ENTAILS AND THUS BEGINS HIS PASSION, THE GREATEST DISPLAY OF LOVE ANYONE HAS EVER SHOWN.  THATS NOT SAD!!  OUT OF A PASSIONATE LOVE FOR US AND YEARNING TO GO FORTH WITH WHAT HE KNEW HE MUST DO TO SAVE US FROM OURSELVES HE WENT FORTH.!!  NO ONE TOOK HIS LIFE FROM HIM, HE LAID IT DOWN FREELY OUT OF AN UNFATHOMABLE LOVE FOR YOU ALONE

DS:  I'm sad.  Its part of our human nature.  Our God's sacrifice is remembered and it makes me cry.  Hearing of His sufferings, His scourging, His whipping, His being spit on, laughed at, mocked, ridiculed, beat up, lied about, betrayed, abandoned by His closest friends...MAKES ME CRY.  Ultimately, EASTER brings us the JOY....but these next few days, especially tomorrow...the Church is allowed to mourn Her God...

 VEE:  Well we should be sorrowful, for our sins FOR WHICH HE TOOK OUR PUNISHMENT.  All the suffering He endured saves us and sanctifies our sufferings when we unite them to Him.  Yes I will mourn that I am no better than those who treated Him like crap, and I will rejoice in His amazing love.    An amazing love that gave us Himself totally present body blood soul and divinity in the Eucharist BECAUSE HE WANTS TO BE WITH US SO BADLY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment